Tickets are sold out for this program!
Celebrate the New Year 2016-2017 in style in Budapest! On 31 December 2016, the New Year’s Eve Budapest River Cruise awaits you. Endless drinks, gala dinner, party and
The New Year’s Eve dinner boat ride comes complete with an all night and all dawn New Year’s Eve party on the river Danube in the heart of Budapest, with Drinks, Dinner (plus a midnight dinner), Open Bar, Live music and dance, and amazing views!
For €170 what is included?
- All Wines, Beers, Spirits, Soft Drinks included (from Whiskey to Sparkling Wines, see the Open Bar Drink List below)
- 5-Course Gala Dinner included (served Gala Dinner A La Carte)
- Live Music included by American-style Brass Band
- Dance Show included by Budapest Dance Studio
- Sightseeing Boat ride included
- Boat Party from 7 pm to 5 am
- Actual Cruising time: 2 hours
- Midnight Dinner – Hungarian Stuffed Cabbage
- Hotel drop off after 1 am (by hourly buses)
- E-Ticket via email (no printing needed)
Just bring yourself and get your New Year off to a bang!
You can book your New Year’s Eve dinner & party cruise now by paying approx. 1/3 of the full price, with a deposit of €65. The pre-booking price of the special NYE river cruise is €170. The minimum age of the cruise is 18, the legal age of alcohol consumption in Hungary.
Budapest NYE Cruise Booking – via the online form on the left side
The last river cruise of this year, 2016, is the popular Dec 31 boat ride, dinner and party in Budapest. Unlike the regular Budapest dinner river cruises, the New Year’s Eve party is a fun all night (and dawn) party on the river Danube with live music, lots of drinks, a great gala dinner of 4 courses, an endless flow of drinks (wines, beers, champagnes, whiskey, liqueurs, bitters, martinis, vodkas, tequilas, gins, Hungarian spirits and of course soft drinks, coffees, etc.), plus midnight dinner with a traditional Hungarian dish of rice, meat and cabbage (stuffed cabbage)
More info about the 31 December 2016 – 2017 New Year’s Eve Budapest River Cruise:
pre-booking cruise deal!
New Year’s Eve cruise prices: €170
Sight, lights, live music, delicious 4 course gala dinner, then another extra dinner at midnight (with a traditional Hungarian dish of rice, meat and cabbage (stuffed cabbage)), plus lots and lots of drinks the Budapest New Year’s Eve dinner cruise!
Book your seat on the New Year’s Eve dinner cruise now.
Budapest New Year’s Eve Dinner Cruise & Unlimited Drinks & Music:
Note: The dinner cruise can be booked with dinner only. The general river cruises start from €11.15 for the budget tours up to €170
70 for VIP cruises. Learn more about the Budapest river cruises, or place your booking now for the New Year’s Eve special boat tour in Budapest.
Let the New Year’s Eve end with a beautiful heart warming sight and a pleasant dinner party on the boat tour on Dec 31 2016 going on until the dawn of Jan 1 2017. The all night party dinner cruise will start at 7 pm.
Book your dinner cruise now to avoid overbooked cruises.
Sights of the New Year’s Eve Budapest Boat Ride
Picture the fairy tale winter riverfront of the city of Budapest divided into a hilly Buda and a flat Pest by the river Danube. What will you see during your New Year’s Eve dinner cruise? The amazing UNESCO World Heritage site of Budapest, which includes the two banks of the river Danube around the Buda Castle, the Chain Bridge, the Parliament. Budapest has wonderful sights along the river indeed: the Buda Castle atop the Castle Hill, with the colorful Matthias Church roofs and the romantic Fisherman’s Bastion, the Neo-Gothic turrets of the Hungarian Parliament, the cupolas and curves of the Gresham Palace (Fours Seasons Hotel), the peaceful Margaret Island, the majestic domes of the St Stephen Basilica, the contemporary Palace of Arts, the slopes of the steep Gellert Hill, the beautiful bridges, etc.
You will have a perfect time to enjoy your New Year’s Eve celebrations by getting aboard the Budapest New Year’s Eve Party boat tour, having a candle lit dinner while watching the many attractions and the UNESCO World Heritage site. Then warming up for the party night with some drinks continues with a lovely dance performance around 10 pm (Gypsy dances), and more cruising. Foods and drinks will be abundant and very nice. As the Hungarian tradition goes, after the 8 pm gala dinner, you can enjoy the midnight dinner at 12 am, after cheering to the New Year of 2016!
Budapest night views are romantic, historical and fascinating.
New Year’s Eve Dinner Cruise in Budapest: Program
Book your NYE Budapest cruise now via the form on the left side
The program of the special cruise on New Year’s Eve, 31 Dec 2016 is as follows:
- 7pm: the Budapest New Year’Eve boat ride will start at 7 pm. There are two docks where the NYE Party cruises leave from, so do check your confirmation email please which dock is for your reservation. The docks are allocated by the cruise organizers to optimize seating for the various groups, families, couples. Dock by Jaszai (Pest side): the boarding by the Margaret Bridge on the Carl Lutz rakpart street by the river Danube (5 min walk from the Jaszai Mari Square by the bridge). Dock by Szilagyi Dezso Square (Buda side): boarding by Szilagyi Dezso Square in District I, on the Buda side of Budapest (roughly under the Buda Castle, 8 min walk from Batthyany Square metro station). Please note that this is not a drop in party, pre-booked tickets are required.
- 8pm – 10pm: the dinner is on. NYE Gala dinner with boat sightseeing, and an Open Bar all night and dawn!
- 8: 30pm-9:30pm: the New Year’s Eve cruise ship leaves from Port 1 in Budapest
- 9pm: live music starts
- 10/11 pm: Dance – the dancers of the Budapest Dance Studio will provide live entertainment on the Budapest New Year’s Eve boat party / NYE river cruise
- 11:55pm – 00:55am a midnight dinner (stuffed cabbage served in buffet style), which is part of the New Year’s Eve tradition in Hungary. Clinking with champagne is followed by the midnight NYE dinner
- 11:55pm – 00:55am the NYE cruise ship leaves the port again for another one hour cruise (simultaneously with the midnight dinner)
- 1 am New Years’ Eve Party until dawn on the NYE cruise ship (some tables will be removed for dancing)
- from 1 am buses provided by Budapest River Cruise will take guests back to the hotel. The buses run every hour on a schedule.
- Please note that the actual NYE cruise (moving) on the river Danube is a 2×60 minute cruise, while the New Year’s Eve full night boat program is from 7 pm until approx. 5am. Boarding the ship will only start at 7pm, not earlier.
We reserve the right to change the program of the NYE cruise to make it even better! Budapest New Year’s Eve Cruise Booking on the left side of this page in the booking form – reserve your cruise seats online in advance while there is room. We sell out the cruise by mid December, so make your reservation early.
Budapest New Year’s Dinner Cruise Details
The Dec 31 the NYE dinner boat tour on the river Danube in Budapest will start at 7pm, and the boat will leave from the Margaret Bridge (note: the meeting point is also here).
Book your 7pm dinner cruise now via our online booking form: New Years Eve Budapest Cruise Booking
The 7 pm VIP New Year’s Eve river cruise includes: the river cruise, the NYE Gala dinner, and the Midnight dinner (rice & meat stuffed cabbage served buffet style at 12am), the drinks (Open bar: unlimited drinks, including spirits) and the live music. The general dinner cruises run all year round (the boats are heated in winter time and cooled with AC in summer time). We will also have a special – but more laid back and modest – New Year’s Day river cruise on the 1st of January, 2017.
Prices of the Budapest NYE Dinner Cruise
River Cruise with Dinner, Drinks & live Music & Performance on New Year’s Eve: €170. This is a flat price, there are no special NYE discount tickets. You can pay for the boat ride fully (€170), or just book your NYE cruise now, and pay the rest later: secure your booking by paying a part of the full price (€65). You can place your deposit to reserve your NYE Budapest Party on the Cruise now: Budapest New Year’s Eve Cruise Booking – please use the booking form on the left side of this page, fill it out and wait for the payment page to download.
Save Now with the Pre-Booking Deal!
If you book your New Year’s Eve boat tour, you only need to pay the deposit of €65 of the pre-booking price of €170. You will pay the rest of the cruise fee in cash on the ship of the Dec 31 River Cruise. If you wish to pay by card for the remainder, you will need to visit the office of the ticket agency in the Danube Palace 24 hour before the cruise ship takes place. Paying by cards is only accepted at the ticket office in the Danube Palace (Duna Palota), while paying by cash is the only way you can settle the NYE cruise price on the ship (the ship is not equipped with a card payment facility).
Delicious Dinner on the Budapest Dinner Cruise
And the palate: the exquisite Budapest New Year’s Dinner cruises are made and orchestrated by a one of the well known Hungarian chefs (Attila Tanacs). Please see the rich and versatile menu below, which healthily mixes fresh tasty vegetables and meats.
Nostalgia Boats with Open Deck (Heated in Winter)
The nostalgia boats (Attila and Europa, Millennium, Halaszbastya, etc.) will take you on one of the finest dinner experiences in Budapest: the New Year’s Eve night river cruise is an all night and dawn program, and you will surely enjoy the all night cruise from the Margaret Island in the north (the ship will leave from Jaszai Mari Square by the Margaret Bridge, or from Szilagyi Dezso Square roughly at the foot of the Buda Castle Hill), down to the Rakoczi Bridge in the south, and then back to the city center.
The dinner cruises are reported to be the highlight of many visits to Hungary, especially on Budapest New Year getaways. If you ask fellow tourists or read dinner cruise reviews, you will see how visitors enjoyed their Budapest boat rides, the great dinner, and the nice live music.
Budapest December 31st Cruise: the Sights of Budapest
The New Year’s Eve Dinner & Cruise Budapest night boat tour, which can be booked through our online booking form, includes a a 2×60 minute boat ride on the river Danube in the heart of the city of Budapest, with lots of things to enjoy, live entertainment, great music and drinks/ foods all night and dawn.
You will see many historical buildings, like 19th century palaces, churches, residential houses, beautiful historical bridges, the Neo-Gothic richly turreted Hungarian Parliament, the slopes of the Gellert Hill with the Statue of Liberty and the Citadel fortification, and of course the Castle Hill with the Buda Castle on its top, and you will also see the festive city, still celebrating the New Year on the night of January the 1st. Even though the winter weather is cold and freezing, locals and tourists head to the streets to enjoy the crisp fresh air, some Hungarian spirits, the views and the bustling bars along the river Danube. But a video of the Budapest night cruise attractions will let you in on more:
When are the Budapest dinner river cruises?
Each night, the Budapest dinner river cruises are available from about 7pm to 9.30pm, and some nights from 10 pm to 11:30 pm.
On special evenings, you can enjoy festive boat rides in Budapest, e.g. at Christmas (Dec 25), on New Year’s Eve (Dec 31), on New Year’s Day (Jan 1), on Valentine’s Day, at Easter and on Aug 20.
The boats are air conditioned in the summer, and heated in cold weather, so the river cruises run all year round.
Pier of the New Year’s Eve Danube river cruise
The meeting point of the Danube river NYE cruise: there will be 2 meeting points, please read your confirmation email carefully with the exact dock details.
Meeting Point 1: the Dock by Jaszai Mari Square is close to the Margaret Bridge, which is at the southern tip of the Margaret Island in Budapest. The port of the New Year’s Eve boat ride is Dock 1 by the river Danube, close to the Bridge.
Meeting Point 2: the Dock by Szilagyi Dezso Square is close to Batthyany Square, roughly under the Buda Castle building on the Buda side, which is on the other side of the river Danube in Budapest (away from the city center). The pier of the New Year’s Eve boat ride is the Dock by Szilagyi Dezso Square by the river Danube.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept drop ins for the NYE Party. Please reserve your seats to make sure to get on this beautiful end of the year crescendo cruise: Budapest New Year’s Eve Cruise Booking Form on the left side of this page. Please fill out the form, then wait a few seconds for the payment page to download.
Please bring your proof of payment you received after booking your cruise (the confirmation email) either printed out or on your mobile phone. The remainder fee is to be paid on the ship in cash (there are no card terminals on the ships).
Please arrive in time for the river cruise at 6.30pm at the latest, so that we can finish boarding by 7 pm and start the NYE cruise in magical Budapest!
How can I book my Budapest New Year’s Eve river cruise?
Open Bar Drinks – NYE Budapest Danube Dinner & Cruise
The price of the NYE Dinner & Cruise includes all the drinks, alcohols, soft drinks, coffees, etc. This is the impressive NYE Budapest cruise drink list, with a “drink as much as you want” option included in the cruise fee:
NYE Cruise Alcohol Drink List
Excellent Hungarian Wines
Tokaji Furmint Grand Selection
Hilltop Premium Merlot
Juhasz Pinceszet Blue Franc Rose
Szoke Matyas Muscat Ottonel
Thummerer Trefli Cuvée
Gere Cabernet Sauvignon
Pannonhalmi Rajnai Riesling Wine
Tokaji sweet/dry Samorodni Wine
Hungarian Beer from the iconic Dreher Beer factory:
Beers made by Dreher Beer Factory
Hungarian Sparkling Wines
Torley Sweet / Dry Sparkling Wine (Prosecco)
Spirits with high alcohol content
Palinka – the Danube Shipman (Dunai Hajós Palinka) – fruit brandy distilled from various fruits, Peach, Pear, Plum, Apple
Unicum – the Hungarian bitter liqueur, also used as a digestif
World Brand Spirits
Baileys Cream Liqueur
Whisky Jeam Beam
Whisky Johnny Walker
St. Ramy Brandy
Alcohol free Drinks
Soft Drinks with Gas: various Pepsi products
Juices: Orange Juice 100%, Peach Juice 50%, Filtered Apple Juice
Bottled water: Mineral Water (fizzy / still)
Hot Drinks: Coffee Espresso
Menu – NYE Danube Dinner & Cruise
There are 3 menus to choose from on the Budapest New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner & Cruise with Live Music boat tour in Hungary. The dinner is between 8 pm – 10 pm, followed by the midnight dinner at 12 am:
Budapest NYE Dinner Cruise Menu:
- Regular: Smoked Sturgeon Fillet with Fennel Cream, Lemon-seasoned blanched Celery Salad, Cured Quail Egg and Trout Caviar
- Vegetarian: Soft Cow’s Milk Cheese with Sage and Cucumber, served with Fennel Cream, Lemon -seasoned blanched Celery Salad, Cured Quail Egg and Beet Chips
Soups, Budapest New Year’s Cruise:
- Beef: Bavarian Mushroom Soup Enhanced with Dill and Wood Ear Mushrooms, served with Jerusalem Artichoke Pudding with Cured Ham and Sour Cream Foam
- Pullet: Pheasant Consommé with Wood Ear Mushrooms, Meat Pâté enhanced with Rosemary and Artichoke Royal
- Vegetarian: Cream of Mushroom Soup with Spicy Mushrooms, Jerusalem Artichoke Royal and Sour Cream Foam
Main course, New Year’s Night Cruise, Budapest:
- Beef: Rosemary Veal Chop with Herbed Mangalitza Pork Sausage, garnished with Baked Potatoes in Cream, Orange-seasoned Roasted Tomatoes, Marinated Daikon Radish and Sherry Sauce
- Pullet: Chicken Breast filled with Duck Liver, garnished with Baked Potatoes in Cream, Orange-seasoned Roasted Tomatoes, Marinated Daikon Radish and Sherry Sauce
- Vegetarian: Grilled Pumpkin Pâté with Parmesan, garnished withBaked Potatoes in Cream, Orange-seasoned Roasted Tomatoes, Marinated Daikon Radish
Dessert, – Dinner & Cruise, Budapest NYE cruise:
- Regular: Chocolate Cake with Cognac Flavoured Sour Cherries, Passion Fruit Mousse and Pistachio Crumbs
- Vegetarian: Chocolate Cake with Cognac Flavoured Sour Cherries, Passion Fruit Mousse and Pistachio Crumbs
- Lentil Soup
- Boiled Sausage and Debrecener Sausage with Horseradish and Mustard
- Transylvanian Mini Stuffed Cabbage
- Fruit Platter