Enjoy an hour long Hungarian Folk Show on the river Danube in Budapest on an evening cruise. The Folk Show Cruise program is available with an optional 4 course dinner served at your very own table, or with a cruise plus 5 drinks. The length of the cruise is also optional: you may choose the full evening 3 hour night delight, or the shorter 1.5 hour cruise. The Folk Show is in the last hour of the cruise from about 9.30 pm to 10.30 pm.
Folk Show & Dinner or 5 Drinks
- Price with 4 Course Dinner €52
- Price with 5 Drinks €28
- Price of Dinner & Unlimited Wines/Beers/Soft Drinks €69
- 3 hour Cruise on Danube (can be shortened to 1.5 hour)
- Folk Show of 45 min with 15 min Folk Dance Learning
- optional 4-course Dinner (4 options for main course: Duck / Fish / Beef / Vegetarian )
- Your Dinner will be served by the catering staff
- 1 Welcome Drink (Sparkling Wine or Palinka or Orange Juice), or upgrade to Unlimited Drink Package for 3 hours
- Tickets available with 5 Drinks only too (no Dinner)
- Live Music: Salon Music (2h), followed by Folk Music & Dance Show (1h)
- City Central Boarding & Arrival (near Elizabeth Bridge)
- Window Seat Tickets available for an additional charge (€10 per person)
- Privacy: enjoy your own Table (only You & your guests will be seated together)
- Viewing Terrace on open air top deck terrace (non-catering)
- AC (Air-conditioned cruise in warm weather) / Heated in cold weather
- Wi-Fi: free internet access included
- UNESCO World Heritage Sights in the city of Budapest
- Special Dietary Needs: Vegan Menus, Gluten Free, Lactose Free Meals on request (please let us know in advance)
- Modern Catamaran ship
- Wheelchair Accessible Boat (and Toilet)
- Guide Dogs welcome on board
- E-Ticket via email (no printing needed)
Schedule of the Folk Show Cruise
Apr 1- Sep 30:
Oct 1- Mar 31:
Budapest River Folk Dance Show
The Hungarian Folk Dance Show includes the traditional dances and dance motifs of various regions of historic Hungary like Kalocsa town or Szatmar county, including spectacular Bottle Dances (women balancing bottles on their heads while dancing), Stick Dances (men acting out shepherd with their herding sticks, making tricky dance moves).
The 4 -6 dancers will present the Hungarian dances in a lively and enjoyable way, also showing various costumes of highlighted folk regions (different colors, patterns and embroidery).
Learning a Bit of Folk Dance?
The Hungarian Folk Show is followed by an interactive and fun workshop where you will get an opportunity to learn a bit of Hungarian Folk Dances. But only if you really want to, there is no pressure (but it is fun!). You can also give a try at balancing the bottle on the head, just like the skillful dancer ladies, or even get a photo of yourself / yourselves with the dancers, and more.
The folk dancers are the members of the traditional folk ensemble called Folkrhythms, who gained show experience in the former, nationally and internationally acclaimed Rajko Folk Ensemble. The folk dance ensemble on the river cruise is 4 – 6 dancers, plus there is a quartet playing the folk dance music for the group.
Menu of Budapest Dinner Cruise with Folk Show
Finger food Appetizers in Pastry Basket
Green Pea Cream Soup with Roasted Almonds
Main Course with Side
You can choose from the following main course options on the dinner cruise:
FISH: Black Cod Fillet with Sauce Hollandaise and Vegetable-Lasagne
DUCK: Duck Leg Confit with Crispy White Cabbage and Gratin Potatoes
BEEF: Tender Beef Stew with Polenta
VEGETARIAN: Vegetarian Plate of Grilled Halloumi Cheese with Lemon Zest and Fresh Side Salad
Special Dietary Needs: Vegan Menus, Gluten Free, Lactose Free Meals on request (please let us know in advance)
Sponge Cake with Chocolate Sauce – Somlo Style
Special Vegan Option is also available upon request. Please add your request into the Queries field when booking.
Unlimited Drink Package with Dinner Cruise
You may upgrade your Budapest Dinner Cruise ticket to include a 3 hour Unlimited Drink Package. The price of the Dinner Cruise with dinner, unlimited drinks for 3 hours is €69. You can enjoy the following drink options:
Wines from Hungary
You can choose from a variety of fine Hungarian wines. The red wine, white wine, rose and Tokaji selection is of the Hungarian Waldorf Manufacture’s wines, made in Mihaly Figula’s (awarded as the Hungarian Winemaker of the Year), and Zoltan Gunzer’s excellent Winery. :
Viktória Pinot Gris 2013/14, Figula Mihály, Balatonfüred
Vencel Rosé 2014, Günzer Zoltán, Villány
Vilmos Cuvée 2013/14, Günzer Zoltán, Villány
Mindenjó Tokaji Cuvée 2012, Basilicus Szőlőbirtok, Tokaj-Hegyalja
Hungarian Sparkling wine in dry and sweet versions from the BB Fizz Winery.
Further Hungarian Folk programs are also available in Budapest.