Enjoy an hour-long Hungarian Folk Entertainment on the river Danube in Budapest on an evening cruise. The Folk Dinner Cruise program is available with an optional 3-course or 6- course dinner served at your very own table. The length of the cruise is 3 hours, from 7.30pm to 10.30pm.
Prices of Folk & Dinner Cruise
3-hour Cruise & 3-Course Dinner Prices
- Price with 3 Course Dinner €70
- Price of 3 Course Dinner & Unlimited Wines/Beers/Soft Drinks €105
- Price with 6 Course Dinner €84
- Price of 6 Course Dinner & Unlimited Wines/Beers/Soft Drinks €119
- Unlimited Drink Package and window seating upgrades are available: only identical drink packages can be booked at the same table.
Inclusions and Highlights of Folk Cruise
3-hour Cruise with Dinner + Folk & Operetta Music:
- 3 hour Cruise on the Danube
- Hours: 7.30 – 10.30pm (boarding from 7.00pm)
- Optional Dinner: 3-course Dinner or 6 Course Dinner (pick your choice aboard. Main course varieties: Duck / Fish / Chicken / Beef / Vegetarian )
- 1 Welcome Drink (1 Glass of Sparkling Wine or Soft Drink)
- Window Seating available for an additional €20 per person
- Unlimited Drink Package available for €35 per person (Wines, Beers, Soft & Hot Drinks)
- Dinner served by catering staff
- Live Music: Folk & Operetta Music, from 9pm Folk Dance
- City Central Boarding & Arrival (near Elizabeth Bridge)
- Privacy: enjoy your own Table (only you and your guests will be seated together)
- AC (Air-conditioned boat in warm weather) / Heated in cold weather
- UNESCO World Heritage Sights in the city of Budapest
- Special Dietary Needs: Vegan Menus, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free Meals on request (please let us know in advance)
- Modern Catamaran ship
- Children Discount available (4-10 years)
- Free for Children Under 4 (Without Dinner)
- Guide Dogs welcome on board
- E-Ticket via email (no printing needed)
Prices for Children
Children are welcomed onboard of the Folk River Cruise, the cruise is free for children under 4 years of age (without dinner)
3-Course Dinner €67 per person for children aged 4-10
6-Course Dinner €81 per person for children aged 4-10
Budapest River Folk Dance Performance
The Hungarian Folk Dance Performance includes the traditional dances and dance motifs of various regions of historic Hungary like Kalocsa town or Szatmar county, including spectacular Bottle Dances (women balancing bottles on their heads while dancing), Stick Dances (men acting out shepherd with their herding sticks, making tricky dance moves). 4 dancers will present the Hungarian dances in a lively and enjoyable way, also showing various costumes of highlighted folk regions (different colours, patterns and embroidery).
Learning a Bit of Folk Dance?
The Hungarian Folk Dance is followed by an interactive and fun workshop where you will get an opportunity to learn a bit of Hungarian Folk Dances. But only if you really want to, there is no pressure (but it is fun!). You can even get a photo of yourself / yourselves with the dancers, and more.
The folk dancers are the members of the traditional folk ensemble called Folkrhythms, who gained show experience in the former, nationally and internationally acclaimed Rajko Folk Ensemble. The folk dance ensemble on the river cruise is 4 dancers, plus there is a quartet playing the folk dance music for the group.
Menu of Budapest Dinner Cruise with Folk Entertainment
Appetizer (included in the 6-Course Dinner option)
Amuse Bouche: Bacon-Wrapped Date
Starter (included in the 6-Course Dinner option)
Fole Gras served with Mango Chutney and Freshly Baked Bread
Goulash Soup (GF) (LF)
Seasonal Soup: Sweet Potato Cream Soup with Walnut Parsley Pesto and Roasted Almonds (V) (GF)
Main Courses with Side
You can choose from the following main course options on the dinner cruise:
FISH: Herb-Crusted Salmon Fillet on a Creamy Spinach Tagliatelle bed, served with Parmesan Shavings
CHICKEN: Chicken Breast Fillet Served with Smoked Paprika Mashed Potatoes and Vegetable Ragout (GF)
DUCK: Duck Leg Confit served with Cabbage Pasta stuffed Chimney Cake and Gravy
BEEF: Stout infused Beef Stew with Mushrooms and Dark Chocolate served with Bread Dumplings
VEGETARIAN: Beetroot Risotto with Carrot Croutons and Parmesan (V) (GF)
VEGAN: Poke Bowl (salad bowl with Tofu and Nuts) (GF) (LF) (V) -please leave a comment upon booking to request vegan meal
Breezy Tapioca Pudding with Coconut Milk served with Honey and
Forest Fruit Coulis (LF) (GF) (V) (Vegan)
Dark Chocolate Cashew Brownie with Bourbon Vanilla Ice Cream (V)
Cheese (included in the 6-Course Dinner option)
Cheese Plate served with Walnuts
GF – Gluten Free
LF – Lactose-Free
V – Vegetarian
We reserve the right to make seasonal adjustments to the dinner cruise menu and drink list based on the availability of fresh produce and the ongoing evaluation of customer feedback.
Unlimited Drink Package with Dinner Cruise
You may upgrade your Budapest Dinner Cruise ticket to include a 3-hour Unlimited Drink Package for €35 per person. Unlimited Drink Package and window seating upgrades are available: only identical drink packages can be booked at the same table.
You can enjoy the following drink options:
Wines from Hungary
You can choose from a variety of fine Hungarian wines.
Pátzay Nimrod Cuvée – Dry White Wine
Pátzay Wiking Cuvée – Dry Rosé Wine
Pátzay Táltos Cabernet Sauvignon – Dry Red Wine
Dubitz Muscat Ottonel- Sweet White Wine
Hungaria Sparkling Wine Dry
Hungaria Sparkling Wine Irsay- Sweet
Further Hungarian Folk programs are also available in Budapest.
Timetable of the Folk Cruise
3-hour Dinner Cruise with Folk Show:
The Folk Cruise is available every day.
Last updated Sep, 2023