Enjoy an hour long Hungarian Folk Show on the river Danube in Budapest on an evening cruise. The Folk Show Cruise program is available with an optional 4 course dinner served at your very own table. The length of the cruise is 3 hours, from 7.30pm to 10.30pm.
Folk Show & Dinner
- Price with 4 Course Dinner €55
- Price of Dinner & Unlimited Wines/Beers/Soft Drinks €75
- 3 hour Cruise on Danube
- Folk Show of 45 min with 15 min Folk Dance Learning
- 4-course Dinner (4 options for main course: Duck / Fish / Chicken / Beef / Vegetarian )
- Your Dinner will be served by the catering staff
- 1 Welcome Drink (Sparkling Wine or Palinka or Orange Juice), or upgrade to Unlimited Drink Package for 3 hours
- Live Music: Salon Music (2h), followed by Folk Music & Dance Show (1h)
- City Central Boarding & Arrival (near Elizabeth Bridge)
- Window Seat Tickets available for an additional charge (€10 per person)
- Privacy: enjoy your own Table (only You & your guests will be seated together)
- AC (Air-conditioned cruise in warm weather) / Heated in cold weather
- Wi-Fi: free internet access included
- UNESCO World Heritage Sights in the city of Budapest
- Special Dietary Needs: Vegan Menus, Gluten Free, Lactose Free Meals on request (please let us know in advance)
- Modern Catamaran ship
- Wheelchair Accessible Boat (and Toilet)
- Guide Dogs welcome on board
- E-Ticket via email (no printing needed)
Schedule of the Folk Show Cruise
Budapest River Folk Dance Show
The Hungarian Folk Dance Show includes the traditional dances and dance motifs of various regions of historic Hungary like Kalocsa town or Szatmar county, including spectacular Bottle Dances (women balancing bottles on their heads while dancing), Stick Dances (men acting out shepherd with their herding sticks, making tricky dance moves). The 4 -6 dancers will present the Hungarian dances in a lively and enjoyable way, also showing various costumes of highlighted folk regions (different colors, patterns and embroidery).
Learning a Bit of Folk Dance?
The Hungarian Folk Show is followed by an interactive and fun workshop where you will get an opportunity to learn a bit of Hungarian Folk Dances. But only if you really want to, there is no pressure (but it is fun!). You can even get a photo of yourself / yourselves with the dancers, and more.
The folk dancers are the members of the traditional folk ensemble called Folkrhythms, who gained show experience in the former, nationally and internationally acclaimed Rajko Folk Ensemble. The folk dance ensemble on the river cruise is 4 – 6 dancers, plus there is a quartet playing the folk dance music for the group.
Menu of Budapest Dinner Cruise with Folk Show
Spring Salad with Honey-Mustard Dressing (GF) (V) Buchée Bites filled with a Selection of Traditional Creams, served with Rocket Salad Soups
Goulash Soup (GF) (LF) Potato Cream Soup with Carrot Curl Topping (GF) (LF) (V) Main Courses with Side You can choose from the following main course options on the dinner cruise: FISH: Roasted Trout with Almond Coating on Steamed Green Bean Bed with Mashed Potato and Dill Sauce (GF) CHICKEN: Chicken Breast Slices with Saffron Risotto (GF) VEAL: Veal Beef Stew with Hungarian Noodle Dumplings (LF) DUCK: Duck Leg Confit with Buttery Mashed Potato served with Steamed Red Cabbage (GF) VEGETARIAN: Grilled Halloumi Cheese served with Fresh Garden Salad (GF) (V) VEGAN: Tofu with Fresh Salad (GF) (LF) (V) Desserts Flan Cake with Forest Fruit Ragout Seasonal Fruit Salad (GF) (LF) (V) GF – Gluten Free LF – Lactose Free V – Vegetarian