The Opera and Operetta Cruises in Budapest are specially themed river cruises with a colorful program of operas, operettas, sightseeing cruise and an optional dinner. What is more, the Opera & Operetta Cruise is your best summer option to hear some live opera in Budapest, as the Hungarian State Opera House has a summer break in late June, July, August and early September. You can book your opera cruise online here.
The cruise features some of the best Hungarian opera / operetta singers, and performers to entertain you for 2 hours while cruising past the wonderful sights of the city of Budapest, which has been part of the UNESCO World Heritage for its special beauty and glamor.
“Wonderful and highly recommended, performed with love!” as Ilona Tokodi, Hungarian opera star put it. We agree. And indeed, the Opera & Operetta Cruise features the artists of the highly acclaimed Hungarian State Opera House, and the Operetta Theater.
If you want to combine night entertainment with a Danube cruise, or a dinner cruise in Budapest, the Opera & Operetta Cruise is your perfect choice.
Please note that the programs are very popular in the summer time (amongst locals and tourists alike), especially as the Budapest Opera House closes its gates for the summer months. Booking in advance online is simply a must from June to mid September if you want to make sure to get seated, and get seated well.
The 2017 season opens on April 2, 2017 with a special Easter edition on April 16, 2017 (Sunday). Be part of something special in Budapest in 2017, and book your seat on the Opera & Operetta Cruise.
Opera & Operetta Cruise Budapest
The fascinating Opera & Operetta Cruise Budapest includes the following:
- Music show: Opera, Operetta, Musical, Italian songs, Spanish songs – live entertainment with some of the top Hungarian artists and performers
- Dance Show: Hungarian folk dance show, Flamenco and Step dance show, belly dance show
- Welcome Drink on the Cruise: a glass of sparkling wine (or soft drink) is included in the price
- Guided tours: during the breaks of the show, you can enjoy the guide in English or German (guide over loudspeaker)
- Optional Dinner: buffet dinner with a glass of wine. See details about the dinner menu below
- Prices: you can enjoy the show and cruise only (€22), or add the dinner with the welcome drink (€45). At the bar of the ship, you can order more drinks. Special tickets are available for those who wish to add a few extras included on top of the dinner and welcome drink.
- Groups: for group discounts please contact us for a personal quote at info [at] budapestrivercruise.com, or take a look at our group discount fees (informational only)
- Tables for 4, 6, 8 and 10 people can be arranged.
- E-Ticket via email (no printing needed)
Prices of the Opera & Operetta Ship Budapest
We think the Opera & Operetta Cruises are very reasonably priced. Tickets for adults are from 21.5 Euro for the cruise and the show, or 50 Euro for a dinner cruise and show
- Cruise & Show: HUF 6,000 / 22 Euro for adults, HUF 4,000 / 15 Euro for children (under 12). This cruise fee contains the 2 hour sightseeing on the Danube and the live entertainment. No drinks or dinner is included in the price, but you can order drinks in the cafe aboard the ship.
- Cruise & Show & Dinner + Welcome Drink of Sparkling Wine: HUF 12,500 / 45 Euro for adults, HUF 8,000 / 29 Euro for children (under 12). This cruise fee contains the 2 hour sightseeing on the Danube and the live entertainment. 1 welcome drink and the buffet dinner are included in the price. The drink is: 1 glass of champagne or soft drink. The dinner is buffet style, self served dinner with main courses, side dishes, starters, desserts, salads. You can order further drinks in the cafe aboard the ship. You can enjoy the show program, learn about the riverfront attractions in Budapest during the breaks of the show of the 2 hour cruise on the Danube with your guide (English / German).
Booking the Opera & Operetta Cruise
Note: booking the cruise is by full payment, no deposit is accepted. Groups of 15+ can contact us for a personal quote at info [at] budapestrivercruise.com. The cruises can be ordered as private events too. Bookings are non-refundable.
Please note that the cruise is from 8 pm to 10 pm, but embarking and debarking the ship is about 30 min each. Consequently our program starts at 7:30 pm. Please only book your cruise, if you can be at the dock by 7:30 pm as we cannot cause inconvenience our guests by delaying the cruise time.
Who is the Opera & Operetta Cruise Recommended for?
We think the lively show and the two hour river cruise is an unforgettable experience for all ages. If you love theater, shows, beautiful attractions, nice dinner (including Hungarian specialties), you will love the cruise
The Opera & Operetta Cruise is perfect for a romantic evening or romantic dinner in Budapest, but the cruises are very popular for groups of friends who want to celebrate birthdays, graduation, anniversaries as well as business deals. After all, the sightseeing tour is scenic, the shows are great, and the food and drinks are pleasant, who would not love it?
Program of the Opera & Operetta Cruise Budapest
The program on the Opera & Operetta Cruise is a selection of the following pieces (approx. 75% on a given cruise):
Erkel, Laszlo: Laszlo Hunyadi – Palotás (dance)
Lehár, Imre: The Land of Smiles – You are my heart’s delight
Gershwin: I got a rhythm
Step dance: Charleston
Stolz: Im Prater…
Mozart: Don Giovanni – Champagne aria
Saint-Säens: Swan (violin solo)
Huszka: Gül baba – „A kulacsom kotyogós”
Hungarian Folk dance: Stick dance from Upper Tisza Region
J. Strauss: Bat – Song of Adél
Tchaikovsky: Nutcracker – Trepak
Rossini: Barber of Sevilla – Figaro’s Entrée
Puccini: Bohemian life – Musetta waltz
J.Strauss Gipsy Baron – Barinkay’s Entrée
Brahms: Hungarian dances (piano solo)
Capua: O sole mio
Kálmán, Emmerich: The Gipsy Princess – Sylvia’s Song
Kálmán, Emmerich: Countess Maritza – Hej cigany…
Gershwin: Porgy & Bess – Summertime
Leowe: My Fair Lady – I could dance tonight
Step dance Irish dance
Lehár: The Merry Widow- Vilja Song
J. Strauss: „The Blue Danube”- Waltz
L. Bernstein: West Side Story: I Feel Pretty
Lehár, Imre: Paganini – Paganini Song
Kálmán, Emmerich: Countess Maritza – Marica Entreé
Hungarian Folk dance: „Legényes” from the Region Szatmár
Lehár: The Merry Widow – Danilo’s Entrée
Belly dance: Eastern Magic
Offenbach: Hoffmann’s Tales – Olympia’s Aria
J. Strauss: Bat – „Csárdás”
Bizet: Carmen – Torreador Song
Step dance: Sailor dance
Puccini: Tosca – Tosca’s Prayer
J. Strauss: Trisch-Trasch-Polka
Bizet: Carmen – Phantasy
Brodszky: Be my love
Verdi: Rigoletto – La donna’e mobile
Rossini: Cats’ duet
Folk dance: Gipsy dance
New York, New York
Verdi: Traviata – Brindisi
Please note that as there is no revolving stage on board, so the performers are gradually turning around during the show so that they can be seen from every angle of the boat.
Dinner Menu on the Opera & Operetta Cruise Budapest
In the dinner cruise menu you will find fine meals, some of which are traditional Hungarian dishes. There are options for vegetarians, and for meat lovers too.
Please note that the Menu is subject to change.
Salads & starters on the Budapest River Show Cruise
- Mixed Fresh Salads with Balsamic Vinegar
- Greek Salad with Feta Cheese Marinated in Pesto
- Potato Salad with Chives
- Fish & Vegetable Rolls
- Hungarian Cold Plate with Salamis and Sausages
- Cheese Plate – Selection of Hungarian and foreign Cheeses
Soups on the Budapest River Show Cruise
- Hungarian style Soup (a rich Hungarian style spicy soup with potato balls from the Nyirseg region)
- Cold Soup of forest fruits with fresh mint (light, fruity)
Main Course on the Budapest River Show Cruise
- Turkey Stew in Paprika Gravy with home made Butter Noodles
- Beef Ragout with Vegetables soaked in Red Wine and Jasmine Rice
- Pork Confit in Garlicky Gravy served with Rosemary Spiced Potato
Side Dishes on the Budapest River Show Cruise
- Spicy Potato Bread
- Grilled Vegetables of the Season with Herbs
Dessert on the Budapest River Show Cruise
- Fruits of the Season
- Hungarian Dessert „Somlói Galuska” sponge cake topped with chocolate and whipped cream
- Dessert of the Day
- Cheese Selection of Hungarian and Foreign Cheeses
Drinks on the Budapest River Show Cruise
- Welcome Drink: 1 glass of Hungarian Sparkling Wine or soft drinks
- Plus 1 Glass of Red or White Wine (Extra category only)
- Further drinks for extra surcharge are available aboard (billed separately on the spot)
Please note that the menu is subject to change.
The current menu is valid until October 31, 2016
Dress Code Budapest Opera Cruise
The dress code of the musical cruise on the river Danube is best described as Smart Casual. We kindly ask you add to the celebration and the fascinating show by attending the cruise in preferably a smart casual or smart dress. Of course, we understand that sightseeing in Budapest is not the most comfortable in smart dresses, but we wish to add to the atmosphere of our cruise by being a bit more festive.
Would you like to book your cruise now?
You can book the Cruise and Show in advance. Budapest Opera Cruise Booking
Booking for more people includes some discounts. Groups of 15+ people, please ask for a special quote from us at email@example.com