Tickets have already been sold out
Budapest Cruise and Show is presenting its special New Year’s Eve edition on December 31. Welcome the New Year on the Danube in Budapest with the artists of the Hungarian Operetta and Opera Theater on the NYE Cruise Show with 25 members of the Cruise Show, donning original costumes, and celebrating over a 1000 full boat cruises of 15 years.
The music genre is entertaining for all ages who love light classical music, operettas, musicals, operas, seasoned with dance shows of step dance, belly dance, Hungarian folk dance!
New Year Cruise: December 31, 2016 & January 1, 2017
Cruising: 8 pm Dec 31 – 1 am Jan 1
Dinner: buffet style dinner of 4 courses (all you can eat)
Drinks: 1 Puszta Cocktail & 1 Glass of Sparkling Wine (more drinks available at the cruise bar). Unlimited Drinks included in Extra tickets!
Tickets with Dinner: €145
Tickets with Dinner + Unlimited Drink Package: €173
Children Tickets (under 12): €85 – €103
The cruise features some of the best Hungarian singers, and performers to entertain you for 3 hours while cruising past the wonderful sights of the city of Budapest on New Year’s Eve with occasional shoots of the New Year’s Eve Fireworks in Budapest. The sights have been part of the UNESCO World Heritage for their special beauty and glamor.
“Wonderful and highly recommended, performed with love!” as Ilona Tokodi, Hungarian opera star put it. We agree. And indeed, the Opera & Operetta Cruise features the artists of the highly acclaimed Hungarian State Opera House.
If you want to combine night entertainment with a Danube cruise, or a dinner cruise in Budapest, the Opera & Operetta Cruise is your perfect choice.
Opera & Operetta Cruise Budapest
The fascinating Opera & Operetta Cruise Budapest includes the following:
- Music show: Opera, Operetta, Musical, Italian songs, Spanish songs – live entertainment with some of the top Hungarian artists and performers
- Dance Show: Hungarian folk dance show, Flamenco and Step dance show, belly dance show
- Drinks on the Cruise: 1 Puszta Cocktail and 1 glass of sparkling wine at midnight is included in the dinner cruise price, Extra tickets include Open Bar (unlimited drinks of beers, wines, soft drinks)
- Dinner: buffet style dinner. See details about the dinner menu below
- Guided tours: during the breaks of the show, you can enjoy the guide in English or German
- Discounts for Children under 12
- Tables are shared, typically 4, 6, 8 and 10 people at a table (for couples we recommend the a la carte dinner cruise on New Year’s Eve)
- E-Ticket via email (no printing needed)
- Not included: hotel pick up and drop off are not included in the cruise show.
Prices of the Opera & Operetta Ship Budapest
Compared to most New Year’s Eve cruises, the Cruise and Show of Opera & Operetta & Dance is very reasonably priced.
NYE Dinner & Show Tickets with 2 Drinks: €145
NYE Dinner & Extra Show Tickets with endless Drinks: €173
Children Tickets: €85 (Extra Child €103)
- Cruise & Show & Dinner + 2 Drinks: This cruise fee contains the 5 hour NYE program with 3 hours of show and 4 hours of sightseeing cruise on the Danube. 2 drinks (1 Puszta Cocktail and 1 Midnight Sparkling Wine) and the buffet dinner are included in the price. Puszta Cocktail: Tokaji Szamorodni Wine + Apricot Palinka + Liqueur. The two drinks are: 1 glass of Sparkling Wine served at midnight (or soft drink), and 1 glass of welcome Cocktail. The dinner is buffet style dinner with main courses and side dishes, starters, desserts, salads. You can order further drinks in the cafe aboard the ship.
- Cruise & Show & Dinner + Endless Drinks: This NYE cruise fee contains the 5 hour NYE program with 3 hours of show and 4 hours of sightseeing cruise on the Danube. All drinks (beers, wines, soft drinks) are included in the cruise fee (cocktails, spirits are not part of the package though). Also the buffet style dinner is included in the price with main courses and side dishes, starters, desserts, salads. You can order further drinks in the cafe aboard the ship, but any drinks outside the Open Bar package will be added to your bill (spirits, cocktails are not included in the cruise ticket). Note that these seats are also at shared tables of 4, 6, 8 or 10. For couples who wish to get guaranteed tables for 2 on New Year’s Eve, we recommend the shorter a la carte dinner cruise on New Year’s Eve in Budapest, or the longer Budapest NYE Cruise with Bar Piano.
Booking the New Year Cruise & Show with Operetta / Opera / Dance
Note: booking the cruise is by full payment, no deposit is accepted. Groups of 15+ can contact us for a personal quote at info [at] budapestrivercruise.com. The cruises can be ordered as private events too between December 23 and December 30. Bookings are non-refundable, as seats on the Cruise Show are limited. Hurry up to secure your seats!
Please note that the cruise is from 8 pm on December 31 to 1 am on January 1, but embarking and debarking the ship is about 30 min each. Consequently our program starts at 7:30 pm, and finishes at 1 am. Please only book your cruise, if you can be at the dock by 7:30 pm as we cannot cause inconvenience to our guests by delaying the cruise time.
You can book your cruise on our Budapest Opera Cruise Booking page.
Who is the Opera & Operetta Cruise Recommended for?
We think the lively show of 3 hours and the 5 hour river cruise is an unforgettable experience for all ages. If you love theater, shows, beautiful attractions, nice dinner (including Hungarian specialties), you will love the cruise
The Opera & Operetta Cruise is perfect for a romantic evening or romantic dinner in Budapest, but the cruises are very popular for groups of friends who want to celebrate birthdays, graduation, anniversaries as well as business deals. After all, the sightseeing tour is scenic, the shows are great, and the food and drinks are pleasant, who would not love it?
Program of the Opera & Operetta Cruise Budapest
The program on the Opera & Operetta Cruise is a selection of the following pieces (approx. 75% on a given cruise):
Erkel, Laszlo: Laszlo Hunyadi – Palotás (dance)
Lehár, Imre: The Land of Smiles – You are my heart’s delight
Gershwin: I got a rhythm
Step dance: Charleston
Stolz: Im Prater…
Mozart: Don Giovanni – Champagne aria
Saint-Säens: Swan (violin solo)
Huszka: Gül baba – „A kulacsom kotyogós”
Hungarian Folk dance: Stick dance from Upper Tisza Region
J. Strauss: Bat – Song of Adél
Tchaikovsky: Nutcracker – Trepak
Rossini: Barber of Sevilla – Figaro’s Entrée
Puccini: Bohemian life – Musetta waltz
J.Strauss Gipsy Baron – Barinkay’s Entrée
Brahms: Hungarian dances (piano solo)
Capua: O sole mio
Kálmán, Emmerich: The Gipsy Princess – Sylvia’s Song
Kálmán, Emmerich: Countess Maritza – Hej cigany…
Gershwin: Porgy & Bess – Summertime
Leowe: My Fair Lady – I could dance tonight
Step dance Irish dance
Lehár: The Merry Widow- Vilja Song
J. Strauss: „The Blue Danube”- Waltz
L. Bernstein: West Side Story: I Feel Pretty
Lehár, Imre: Paganini – Paganini Song
Kálmán, Emmerich: Countess Maritza – Marica Entreé
Hungarian Folk dance: „Legényes” from the Region Szatmár
Lehár: The Merry Widow – Danilo’s Entrée
Belly dance: Eastern Magic
Offenbach: Hoffmann’s Tales – Olympia’s Aria
J. Strauss: Bat – „Csárdás”
Bizet: Carmen – Torreador Song
Step dance: Sailor dance
Puccini: Tosca – Tosca’s Prayer
J. Strauss: Trisch-Trasch-Polka
Bizet: Carmen – Phantasy
Brodszky: Be my love
Verdi: Rigoletto – La donna’e mobile
Rossini: Cats’ duet
Folk dance: Gipsy dance
New York, New York
Verdi: Traviata – Brindisi
Dinner Menu on the Opera & Operetta Cruise Budapest
In the dinner cruise menu you will find fine meals, some of which are traditional Hungarian dishes. There are options for vegetarians, and for meat lovers too.
Salads & Starters on NYE Budapest River Show Cruise
- Hungarian Cold Plate of Mixed Delicacies
- Cheese Plate of Hungarian and Foreign Cheeses
- Mushroom-Coated Veal Chops with Feta Cheese, Baked in Buttered Pastry
- Chicken Breast Rolls stuffed with Dried Fruits
- Marinated Seafood with Lime
- Buffalo Mozzarella and Rucola Salad with Cocktail Tomatoes
- Caesar Salad with Chicken
- Potato Salad with Spring Onion and Mayonnaise Sauce
Soups on NYE Budapest River Show Cruise
- Paloc Soup (a Rich Hungarian Style Ragout Soup with Meat, Sour cream, Tarragon)
Main Course on NYE Budapest River Show Cruise
- Beef Stew of Hungarian Grey Cattle, Stewed in Red Wine with home made Buttery Dumplings
- Roast Pork with Fried Potato Pancakes, and Cabbage steamed in sparkling wine
- Chicken Breast Fillet stuffed with Spinach and Feta cheese, with Grilled Vegetables
Dessert on the Budapest River Show Cruise
- Fruit Selection of Tropical and local Fruits
- Hungarian Dessert „Somlói Galuska” Sponge Cake topped with Chocolate and Whipped Cream
- Dessert “Trilogy”
Midnight Dinner on the Budapest River Show Cruise
It is customary in Hungary to have a midnight dinner before or after the sparkling wine.
- Stuffed Cabbage with Smoked Ham, Ground Pork and Rice and Sour Cream
Drinks on the Budapest River Show Cruise
- 1 glass of Hungarian Sparkling Wine will be served at midnight (included in every ticket)
- 1 Glass of Cocktail included in standard dinner cruise tickets
- Endless Drinks included in Extra dinner cruise tickets (wines, beers, soft drinks. No cocktails or spirits are included)
- Further drinks for extra surcharge are available aboard, added to your bill.
Please note that the menu is subject to change.
Dress Code Budapest Opera Cruise
The dress code of the musical cruise on the river Danube is best described as Smart Casual. We kindly ask you add to the celebration and the fascinating show by attending the cruise in preferably a smart casual or smart dress. Of course, we understand that sightseeing in Budapest is not the most comfortable in smart dresses, but we wish to add to the atmosphere of our cruise by being a bit more festive.
Would you like to book your cruise now? Booking for more people includes some discounts. Groups of 10+ people, please ask for a special quote from us at firstname.lastname@example.org